Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I Love to Play Dress-up!

Dear Diary:

There's nothing like putting on a pretty dress, going out and looking GREAT!  I do love my jeans and tees but I really like wearing dresses for any occasion.


It's tricky buying a dress off the rack without trying it on.  You run that risk of getting home, putting it on and finding it just doesn't fit right.  So you decide if you should try to get it fixed by a dress maker or take it back and look for something else.  But in this world, taking it back just isn't an option.  I've been stung like that a few times, and at times it involves a lot of Lindens.  It was just my luck to walk into (Elate!) last year when it was the Fifty Linden Friday special.  I liked the dress, it was a good deal so I bought it. What a fortunate stroke of luck for me! 


I like short, slim fitting dresses at times and Kellie Iwish, of (Elate!), does it perfectly.  She has the ability to make dresses look good and fit so well.  I visit her store whenever I'm looking for a good fitting dress that doesn't have to be adjusted a million times or just will never fit right.  These are three I have in my wardrobe.
Tuli was my first purchase.  You can wear it without the collar.  Add a necklace, a brooch or a scarf and you have a completely different look for different occasions, from casual to a night out for dinner.


Felicity is a great club dress.  The tiered skirt swings and flips when you dance.  The colour is a true yellow and really stands out in the crowd.

Maria is a very sophisticated cocktail dress.  I love the petals on the collar but when the collar is removed, you have a spaghetti strap dress.  The back, which I didn't show, has a very interesting criss-cross strap detail.


Just talking about the dresses makes me want to run to Kellie's store for just one more addition to my collection.

Good Night for now.


I'm wearing:
In all images:
Skin: LeLutka Lola (light)
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Eyelashes: Glow Studio Innocent
Hair: LeLutka Seth (men's group gift)
Earrings: Your Skin Your Shape Roundie earrings (gold)


Image 1:
Dress: (Elate!) Tuli (navy) Fifty Linden Friday
Shoes: Basevi Moda Stiletto (night blue)


Image 2:
Dress: (Elate!) Felicity (sunny)
Shoes: R2 Shoes Koaniani elua (yellow stripe)


Image 3:
Dress: (Elate!) Maria (night)
Shoes: Maitreya Slinky Stiletto (black leather)


Poses: MNK Shop (Kalmia)