Monday, November 15, 2010

It's a BLUE Monday!

Dear Diary:

I like to read what others have to say about fashion and furniture, so when I heard the idea of talking about "colour" weeks suggested by Luna Jubilee, I thought, "What a great idea!  A fresh approach to the week!"  This is the second week but I'm getting in on the BLUE challenge.

Blue is not my favourite colour but when I looked in my closet I found a lot of items that I wear quite a bit...and guess what?....they're BLUE!

I decided to start with a casual look, since that's me most of the time and in this picture, I'm wearing lots of blue things but 3 of them are my all-time favs.

First it's my jeans.  I love jeans and have many pairs in my closet as I'm sure most chicks do but these jeans I wear 90% of the time.  They're denim but not the phony denim texture; they look well-worn without looking grungy; and the stitching on the cuff and side looks real.  I totally love these jeans.  Unfortunately you can't buy them any more so I'm looking after these with great care.

Then it's got to be my boots.  These boots are staples in my closet....when in doubt I put them on with everything.  I like the size of the heel - not too high but tapered nicely.  The top has a scrunchy look that looks good with leggings too.  The navy is a good colour because it's not too dark. 

Of course, the jacket is a great looking one.  I got this a couple of years ago as a gift but it's so versatile that I wear it a lot.  I love the stud detail on the shoulder.  It gives it a military look.  The collar and sleeve cuffs have a satiny sheen which adds a bit of pizazz to the appearance.  The jacket has a slight swing back and there's a hood attachment too. This is a really well made jacket.

Of course the icing that brings this all together, is the cute top, the cool sunglasses and the blue headband holding back the myriad of curls.  All of these compliment the look.

Yeah...the blue is working for me today.  I think I'll show my favourite blue dress later this week.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Friday light
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Eyelashes: LeLutka Photoshoot II lashes
Hair: LeLutka RUSH

Jacket: LeLutka XY jacket (group gift)
Top: SYSY's Fabulous Fashion (blue)
Jeans: FD Entourage original (blue) (no longer available)
Boots: Decoy Jully boots (navy)

Earrings: Caroline's Jewelry Large hoop earrings (silver)
Glasses: Baiastice Spring fling sunglasses

Props: !Bang cubbie holes #7