Saturday, January 22, 2011

I'm not into fur....but....

Dear Diary:

I don't own any "furry" items.  I'm not sure it's a moral issue with me.  I'm just not into it.  BUT....this morning the thermometer read -33C. 

"Yeah", I thought.  "Hmmm.  And will the car start?  What if the gas line freezes and I have to walk?"

So on that note, I dug out the furs.  

The practical me is on the right.  Great coat with fur trim and hood to keep my ears from freezing; woolen sweater with wool pants; and knee high leather, lined lace up boots.  Of course you need heavy gauge knitted mitts to keep your fingers from freezing.  All good for keeping you warm and safe from the extreme cold and biting wind that we seem to be having right now.


However, my alter ego likes to look cool while trying to maintain warmth. The fur head band keeps the ears warm - at least; the short leather jacket has fur trim - at least; the leather pants and unlined leather boots...ehhhhh.  Gloves do not keep fingers from freezing but they do look very sleek.  I mean...like...you have to keep up a great appearance.  Don't you?


Even though it was an extremely cold, windy day, I managed to get outside.  Ok...so it was only to run to the car, drive to work and then run into the building but still...come on....give me some slack!  I'm a northerner!  I would never get outside if I waited for warm January weather.  It just won't happen.


Good Night for now.


I'm wearing:
In both pictures:
Skin: LeLutka Mila / HUSH
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Eyelashes: FTL Kirei 501 lashes

The Real Me:
Coat: Latte fur coat (brown) (comes with hair)
Sweater: Orion sweater (grey)
Pants: LeLutka grey dress pants
Mitts: RendeR fur muff and mittens (only mittens worn)
Boots: Shiny Things Ribbon boots (brown)


My Alter Ego:
Jacket and hat: Eshi Otawara Black fur bolero (special) 
Sweater: CoCo turtleneck sweater (group gift)
Pants: CoCo shiny leggings (group gift)
Gloves: Cover Girl fur gloves (white)
Boots: GF Long fur cuff boots (white) 


Poses: !Bang (It's all about the shoes)


Location: Winter Caverns