Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Another Election in Canada

 Dear Diary:

Ah yes!  Canada is headed for another federal election in three weeks.  This makes 4 elections in 7 years and I'm beginning to wonder why. Politics baffle me but I do know that the Conservatives (the party in power) fell to a vote of non-confidence on March 25 and that meant another election.

So the question is....who do I vote for? 
There are more than 5 parties in Canada but often they have no people running.  I know I can't vote for the Bloc since I don't live in Quebec. We don't elect the Prime Minister as they do the President of the U.S.   I'm not a "party" person.  I'm more of a "people" person so I probably will vote for the person who I think would be the best in Parliament.  The topics that all candidates are discussing run from families, to health care, to the economy but no mention of environmental issues and Canada certainly is lacking in that department.  So you can see my dilemna.  ERRGGGHHH... Canadian politics can get confusing at times.

I guess within the 3 weeks left for me, I'll have to listen lots, read lots and think lots.  I love the quote about voting credited to Al Capone: "Vote early and vote often"!


Oh yes...Dear Diary...the French debate, scheduled for tonight, was cancelled because the Habs are playing the Bruins...hockey precedes everything.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Lola (light)
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Eyelashes: FTL lashes 502 Kirei
Hair and hat: HAIR & HAIR Milagros
Nails: Love Soul Nail Colors (orange)

Coat: Uzuri Trench coat (red)
Boots: Maitreya SoHo boots (black) (gift)

Earrings: NHA! Yara earrings

Signs: Medhuanimations Protest signs (altered for political logos)

Pose: IBizarre (hands up)

Location: Toronto Waterfront