Friday, November 4, 2011

A Talented Digital Artist

Dear Diary:

I've written before about Mathilde Vhargon, a very talented digital artist in two previous posts [Beautiful Remedies and Mathilde Vhargon, Digital Artisti] and last Saturday, I was privileged to attend her latest artistic voyage at Studio 33 Art Gallery
Mathilde is a resident artist at Studio 33 and is owner of Two Shores Gallery of Fine Art.  A quote from her notecard talks about the "Decadent" theme of her show: 

Beginning with 'Grand Entrance' which suggested the Decadent theme, my nearly monochromatic colour palette proved both restrictive and evocative--particularly when daggers and smile shapes appeared in the fractal, suggesting a line from Shakespeare's Macbeth, "There's daggers in men's smiles", so consistent with the Decadent theme!
 I think this is her best work yet.  Here are some of my favourites from her show.

The Revellers
Pages

Prediction
 
Her exhibit runs until November 18th.

Good Night for now.