Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Boxing Day Clean-up

Dear Diary:

Yesterday was Boxing Day in Canada - a nice day off for me.  Usually on this day, people hit the stores to buy bags, paper, and bows for next year's presents.  Some stores will also honour gift cards while others will allow returns of the 4th red sweater you got.  I did none of the above.  It was my time to clean up from Christmas Day.
It always amazes me how much trash is accumulated on one day.  You spend hours taking care to wrap the gift for Aunt Joan in silver paper with the red and green tinsel ribbon; hours wrapping John's train track in Santa paper so he doesn't know what it is; and hours wrapping the tiny tiny earrings for Susan so that she won't throw them away by accident.  And when those hours have gone by, they all unwrap their presents in SECONDS!!!

I try to be environmentally aware so I always separate the paper, the food containers and the rest of the garbage.  But you can't put the Christmas paper in with the other paper.  It has to go into the garbage.  ERGGGHHHH!!!  Who would have thought my holiday would be spent with the trash?

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Lola (light)
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Hair: TM Captive

Sweater: Izzie's Reindeer Sweater (Perfect Wardrobe)
Pants: PixelDolls brown cords

Home: La Galleria (Shropshire Cottage)
Christmas mat: La Galleria (gift)
Trash bags: Urban Spirit (free)