Sunday, December 16, 2012

It's Madder Lake Deep

Dear Diary:

Sometimes the names of colours for the Challenge just blow me away!  Where do they come from anyway?  Is this really the name of a colour?  So I just had to find out about this name.  I did learn that Madder Lake is a "bluish red, transparent pigment produced from alizarin red.  It's used to make stains and inks and as a component of artists' oil colours".  So it is really a colour-name and I love it!  The colour is very festive and perfect for the beginning of holiday parties.


I also found out that Madder Lake was an Australian band from the '70's.  Hear them here.  Nice peppy music just like the colour.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Lola (light)
Lipstick: Seven Glossy lipstick (red)
Eyes: Ikon Sunrise (Deep Hazel)
Eye Shadow: Mozz Cosmetics Glittery Smokey eye (red)
Lashes: Miamai Catwalk lashes (burst) (gift)
Nails: Izzie's Classic Nails
Hair: D!va Hair Miu

Gown: LMC Linda (red)
Stole: Icing Glam stole

Earrings and necklace: Mood Nightlife Diamond and Ruby

Poses: !Bang