Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Only 42 Groups??

Dear Diary:

As I sat out on the patio of my house last evening, I read Strawberry Singh's Monday Meme and it got me thinking about how many of my groups had come and gone in this world.  I remember it was hard limiting myself to joining only 25.  It seemed at first I was joining everything without thinking about it.  So I hauled out the diaries and reminisced.



1.Have you reached the 42 group limit?  As soon as it was allowed, I was there!

2.Do you do a lot of group hopping to keep up with all the groups you want to stay a part of?  I used to do that and still do occasionally but I think I've become more selective. 

3.What makes you want to join a group?  The product has to appeal to me, no matter what it's selling. 

4. A lot of store VIP groups have a group fee which you have to pay to join. How do you feel about paying group fees?  I don't agree with group fees but I can understand why the designer enforces them.  A lot of people join just to receive the group gift and then leave the group. [I confess I did that once but felt horribly guilty after so I went back to the store and joined again.]  And many creators have had their content stolen and re-sold by someone else.  Perhaps a fee would deter these people.  I have paid a fee to join a group but it was very small.  I'll only pay if I really like the items being offered and if the fee is not "over the top". 

5. Name a few groups that you are a part of that you feel everyone should look into joining and share your reasons behind that.  Group selection is such a personal thing I would never try to influence anyone to join my groups, just because "I said so" but here are five that I belong to, that have super products and that I happen to have been attached to for awhile.  The designers are talented and produce high quality items.  I've tried to list groups from different areas to give an all-round view.
  • Gos Boutique: Love the shoes, feet and everything that goes with them.  The 10% discount for members is a great perk and the gift is always fantastic.
  • Maxi Gossamer Jewelry: Always new things coming out, often in packs.  Good variety of funky, chunky items with colour changing ability.
  • La Galleria: Fantastic homes in different sizes and prices.  Furniture is available in lots of styles.  Items are often sold for discount prices. Free gift comes out every few weeks.
  • Zanze:  Totally awesome clothing!  Styles are trendy or classic and often come with a colour HUD.  Colours can be vibrant or subdued.  A great variety.
  • LeLutka: Wear one of their skins most of the time.  Also have nice hair styles, clothing and makeup.  Group gifts are not as frequent as some but I do like their products.
That's my insight for today!

Good Night for now.