Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Best and The Worst of It All

Dear Diary:

It's a bitter cold windy day here in the North.  I want to climb under the duvet, watch television and do nothing.  But of course, that can't be.  This morning I got up, started the car and drove to work with the heater on full blast.  Now that I'm home, I'm comfortable in my jammies...and warmer [*note* ear muffs, scarf and gloves]... answering Berry's Monday Meme.


1. Best thing about Second Life:  The wonderful people I've met.  I have made friendships that expand beyond Second Life.
Worst thing about Second Life:  The idiots that invade my personal space; grief me and ruin my sim.

2. Best thing in your inventory:  Clothes, shoes, hair, furniture, houses.  Oops!  Was I only supposed to name one thing?
Worst thing in your inventory:  Hmmm...I deleted a lot of the real tacky things I had.  I guess now it's the AK-47 Super push gun that knocks the intruder 2 sims away.  I hate to admit it, but I've used it too.

3. Best earliest SL memory:  Having parties on the top deck of the first house I rented.  It was so much fun dancing, talking and just acting crazy.
Worst earliest SL memory: Meeting a wonderful kind woman who became my friend, who went shopping and dancing with me and then who died.  At that point I realized RL does impact on SL and vice versa.

4. Best thing you learned because of SL:    Learning how to take photos - posing, focusing, shadows.  I'm still learning every time I take a picture but I enjoy it.
Worst thing you learned because of SL: Agree with Berry.  Some people will hide behind their SL persona and feel they can be as rude or as cruel as they want to be.  Makes me think they may be like this in RL too.

5. Best thing about blogging: Being able to express myself.  I always wanted to be a journalist, write a book so this is certainly the best thing I've done.  I've never blogged before but I found out I love it!  
Worst thing about blogging:  I haven't found the worst thing yet.  I just love doing it.  I dislike hearing that some bloggers ask for a lot of freebies.  Then when they don't get the items, they bad mouth the store / designer.  Very rude!

6. Best thing to have with french toast: A Canadian morning
Worst thing to have with french toast:  A Canadian morning when you have to go out to scrape the windshield; try to open the frozen doors; turn on the heater; and wait until you can drive without feeling the tires are like rocks.  Forget it....by then your French Toast is cold.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Hair: Dura Girl 37
Glasses: MKN Beat Box glasses (no longer available)
Jammies and slippers: Frosty PJ and slippers (not sure where this came from)
Ear muffs: 22769 Casual Couture (gift)
Gloves: Aleida plaid gloves (green) (no longer available)
Scarf: Mr Poet (gift)


Location: My Bed - La Galleria Curved Brass Bed with white lace ruffled skirt