Sunday, January 5, 2014

Global Warming? Are You Kidding?

Dear Diary:

This is the last day of my holidays and I woke up to the sound of the plow going by.  It's been snowing for the past week.  Nothing like Newfoundland or the Midwest of the U.S. but enough to keep me out shovelling every day.  Oh, well...it's part of the winter in Canada...I think (??)

I gradually got myself out of bed and with coffee in hand, glanced out the window to see what amount of snow hit the end of the driveway.  WHAAAAT?????  Over a metre (about 4 feet) of snow was blocking me in.  Nasty plow driver!(edited)  So I thought, "Might as well get at it...won't take me long...throw it over the already mountainous snow bank...then in for brekkie."  I quickly got dressed and thought I would check the temperature before hitting the door.  It was -34C (approx. -29F) but the wind chill brought it down to -44C (almost -47F).  Then I knew there was no such thing as global warming in my part of the world!!  


Fortunately my neighbour, now called Mr. Angel, came over with his snow blower so I didn't have to spend a lot of time outside freezing my cheeks (also edited).

The rest of my day is going to be inside, feet up, reading a book, watching tv or doing anything...but shovelling.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Eyes: Ikon Sunrise (deep hazel)
Makeup: croire snow angel (SL Marketplace)

Hat: je suis chapka (olive)
Jacket: Meli Imako Ladies padded coat (green) (SL Marketplace)
Scarf: Mr Poet wide scarf (gift)