Saturday, April 25, 2015

I'm Reflecting on Earth Day

Dear Diary:

Last Wednesday, I sat outside in the sun after washing my car, having a great cup of coffee, listening to "Uptown Funk" and reading my email (as I do several times a day).  I decided to see just went on this past Earth Day and when I searched, I got some very interesting and "pointing-the-finger-at-me" facts. 


More than 6 million Canadians participated in Earth Day activities.  Last Wednesday marked the launch of "Earth Day Every Day" which will hopefully help Canadians reduce their carbon footprint 20% by 2020.  This is the website.

I also found a few interesting facts that made me jump off the hood of the car:
  • Canada has 607 vehicles for every 1,000 people
  • our greenhouse gas emission reached over 690 mega tonnes, on the increase
  • every year Canada throws away over 8,800 tons of plastic
  • we throw out 23 kg of household hazardous waste such as batteries
  • we consume about 17,000 kwh per year in electricity, ranking the 4th highest
  • over 62 trillion SPAM email messages are sent in a year, and each produces 0.03 grams of carbon dioxide
It will be interesting to see if we improve over the next few years.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Lipstick: Izzie's dark vibrant
Hands: Slink AvEnhancement v2.1 (casual)
Hair: Truth Hair Joanna

Tee: 22! Earth Day Green (no longer available)
Jeans: Emery skinny jeans (worn)
Shoes: Indie Rose Floral Ballerinas

Earrings: Caroline's Large Hoops (gold)
iPod: RC PlayPod (no longer available)
Laptop: What Next (blog laptop for desk)
Coffee cup: Tim Horton's Coffee

Pose: Imeka

Location: DATS Door and Texture Store