Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Me & Lara Are Joined At The Hip

Dear Diary:


A few months ago, for her weekly Monday Meme, Strawberry Singh again asked our digits but also included a short questionnaire on mesh bodies.  You can see what I wrote then.  I was "meh" about the mesh body idea at that time.  I had demoed a few but found it too much trouble adjusting, fixing and hiding when adding clothes.  I ended up not being me at all.  I bought Maitreya's Lara on the advice of friends.  I put it on and liked it but it sat in my closet for quite awhile.  After writing the meme in April, I decided to really make an effort to give it a good run.  I did.  And now Lara and I are one.

I bought skin, difficult for me since I had worn the same skin for years.  But I do love my new one now.  Decidedly, I had to tweak a few things when I started to wear Lara all the time.  My boobs seemed to be too large so I made them a bit smaller.  I added to my arms to make them a little heavier.  I seemed to do some kind of change almost every day until I got a look I like.

I went on to join the "Maitreya Lara Friends Group" which is great for answering a lot of questions I had.  I read many blogs, especially "Mesh Body Addicts".  The Mesh Bodies 101 was a great post and very helpful for someone like me who always needs instructions.  Of course the Maitreya blog was great too. 

In the next Lara version, I would like to see more options, in particular with the hands, although Slink hands do work quite well with this body.

Never did I imagine I would be so taken with a mesh body.  I thought it would be like other things in my closet - bought on a whim; worn a few times; then discarded.  But it hasn't been that way at all.  I'm hooked!

Next I'll tackle those mesh heads!

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Body: Maitreya Lara
Skin: Izzie's Romy (pale)
Eyelids: Slink mesh lids and lashes
Lipstick: Izzie's dark vibrant lipstick (dark blackberry)
Hair: EMO-tions Windblown 8

Lingerie: Zaara Kanti lingerie (dull rose)

Pose: Olive Juice