Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Will The Real Me Please Step Forward?

Dear Diary:

In her New Year blog post, Strawberrry Singh came up with many resolutions that we, her readers, should / could be achieving this year.  I thought that was a fantastic idea since I'm one who makes and promptly breaks any resolve I generate.  I vow to accomplish as many as I can over the next year.

So I decided to tackle #2 on her list - "Try a mesh head and wear it for at least 24 hours".  To me, this really was pushing myself.  I've tried many...and I mean MANY...demos of mesh heads.  They all have their wonderful features and some of the expressions are great for photos BUT once I have the head on, with makeup and hair and the whole thing, I look at myself and I don't see me!  I never seem to be myself and I start to feel squirmy in my own likeness.  However, I wasn't about to break a resolution before I even started so I decided to go forward.

I re-read Berry's #2 careful and decided to follow what she said.  I went to Genesis Lab to have a look at their sale.  The heads were better priced but I decided if I joined the group (for 250L) I could get the Christmas gift and work off that and the skin appliers were free.  I think that was a good plan.  I flew home and applied the new head.  Hmmmm....not me...at least I didn't think so.  But I persevered.  I got up; put on some cute hair; new lipstick; new sweater and stayed like that for 2 days.  So...what do you think????


It kinda grew on me.  I admit after 2 days I didn't mind it.  However, the head didn't come with blinking eyes so the stare got to me after awhile.  I wasn't as happy with the skin as my "own" but that could be remedied.  I seem to look sullen, a bit of attitude with my new look.  But...it wasn't all bad!  Will I wear it all the time? No.  Often? Probably not.  Sometimes? Maybe.  At least I'll keep getting the new demos and I might find one yet that is the real me.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
On both of us me:
Body: Maitreya Lara
Hair: Diorsis hair Massimo (no longer available)
Sweater: Besom Outfitters Nature Knot Sweater 004 (at FaMESHed until Jan 27)
Earrings: Caroline's Jewelry hoop earrings (silver) (SL Marketplace)
Pose: oOo Studio

On me:
Eyes: Ikon Sunrise (deep hazel)
Skin: Izzie's Romy
Lipstick: Oceane Glammy (aubergine)

On the other me:
Head: Genesis Lab Lara 2 (Gift)
Eyes and skin: Genesis Lab included with mesh head
Lipstick: Genesis Lab lipgloss (wine)