Tuesday, February 7, 2017

I Found The Clock Museum

Dear Diary:

I was watching a program on TV the other night about Ferdinand VI and his love of clocks.  Apparently he collected over 700 clocks in his palace.  The last one was made by a Swiss clock maker and a brief mention of it can be viewed here on YouTube.

That got me thinking since I like clocks too and have several in my second world house.  I was searching for a new place to purchase one and found the mention of a clock museum.  I just had to go.


I found the clock museum to be an extremely interesting place with over a hundred clocks on display.  There were many clocks that were very traditional - Grandfather clocks with ornate wooden cases; clocks for the fireplace mantel; digital wall clocks - but there were also unusual pieces.  I particularly liked this one shown in the picture. It's a large representative of the earth, with a circulating moon and showing the time in different zones. Beneath the world, is the digital time.  As each second, minute or hour changes, the numbers drop to the first floor below.  It is a spectacular and it's hard to stop watching the time fall away.

There are also some outdoor clocks that can be viewed in the garden.

If you get a chance, visit this wonderful exhibit of timepieces.  It's well worth the trip.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Body: Maitreya Lara
Skin: Izzie's Romy
Hair: LaViere Amanda

Coat: Charme Emma (beige)
Hat: Shi cloche hat
Boots: Mutresse Nikki

Pose: !bang (now on SL Marketplace)

Location: Second floor of The Clock Museum